What's New in iScreensaver 6Release Notes:
Download iScreensaver Designer 6
for macOS 10.12 to 12.1
Download iScreensaver Designer 6
for Windows 10 (64 bit) or Windows 11 (64 bit)
- New! in version 6.8: photo metadata (date/timestamp) and more improvements for macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 12 (Monterey) and Windows 11
- New! in version 6.7: support for macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 12 (Monterey) and Windows 11
- New! in version 6.6: initial support for macOS 11 (Big Sur).
- New! in version 6.5: multimonitor playback is synchronized.
- New! in version 6.5: PBR-based rendering for GLB/GLFT models.
- New! in version 6.5: improved metadata import of title, description and location data from image files.
- Advanced Video / 3D playback engine: Our new playback engine has been rewritten from the ground up to use HTML5, CSS, MP4 / AVC, and WebGL engines.
- 3D model import - using standard GLTF / GLB file formats, import your 3D model with animation: view 3D Model Support.
- Dark Mode: a new 'dark mode' look for built screensaver installers (all OSs), and optional Dark Mode support for iScreensaver Designer (macOS Mojave only).
- Live Photos: automatically imports both the picture and video file from Live Photos (macOS only)
- iScreensaver Designer for Mac is a fully 64 bit app.
- iScreensavers built for macOS are now 64 bit, using modern technology such as the Swift programming language.
- iScreensaver supports macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) thru 12 (Monterey): view System Requirements.
- iScreensaver supports the older Intel CPUs as well as the newest M1 (Apple Silicon) CPUs
- iScreensaver supports code-signing with the hardened runtime and notarization.
Windows OS Changes
- iScreensaver Designer for Windows is a fully 64 bit app (which means it requires a 64 bit OS).
- Built iScreensavers are 32 bit - this allows maximum compatibility with both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows.
- Single-File EXE / SCR: the windows screensaver is built as a single-file EXE, and installs as a single-file SCR. This greatly simplifies installation and delivery options.
- iScreensaver supports Windows 7 thru 11: view System Requirements.
- Photos.app integration: improved support for drag & drop and metadata import (macOS only).
- Easy upgrade: Project files from version 4 or 5 can be easily loaded into Version 6.
- Fully cross-platform: Design on Mac, build for Mac & Windows; Design on Windows, build for Windows & Mac. Still the world's only truly cross-platform screensaver development tool.
- Overlays: Images & Text captions can use all XYZ motion effect animations.
- Playback performance: Video playback is now fully hardware-accelerated on supported systems.
Deprecated or Removed Features:
- Removed: Adobe / Macromedia Flash (SWF) support has been removed.
- Removed: OpenGL is no longer needed or required.
- Removed: Secondary (Alternate or "locked") sequences.
New License Terms:
- Subscription Pricing: our commercial / business licenses are offered as a one year term. New price and feature levels to meet your needs.
- New Personal/Home license: a one-time purchase for light use at a bargain price.
- As before, you may use and test iScreensaver without purchase in demonstration mode. In this mode, screensavers and screensaver installers built will expire. Text and images are will be watermarked with notices.
- 30 day money-back guarantee on all licenses. Buy with confidence.