Exporing Photos from Photos.app or other applications
Photos ExportIn more recent version of OS X, the Photos.app application will allow you to drag & drop directly one or more images or movies directly into the iScreensaver Designer window. However, when doing this you end up with low-quality pictures that have been re-encoded.
Fortunately, there is an easy method - any video files that you plan to use should be re-encoded using a high-quality standards-compliant video encoder.
How to solve the problem? Just export before importing. file...
Exporting images or movies from OS X Photos.app
To use, simply follow these steps:
- Open the Photos.app
- Select one or more images or movies.
- From the File menu, choose Export.... You will have a choice of Export Unmodified Original as well as Export.
- If you choose Export you will have a choice of resolutions.
- Photo Kind: JPEG
- JPEG Quality: High
- Size: Custom, Max Width of 4096.
- Quality: 1080p
- Once the export is complete, drag & drop the folder directly onto the iScreensaver Designer window.