iScreensaver
iScreensaver has been updated to version 6.7.0.1343

This is a mandatory upgrade to support macOS 11 Big Sur and macOS 12 Monterey.

Release Notes
We are pleased to announce the release of iScreensaver version 6 which supports macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) through 11 (Big Sur) and Windows 7 through 10. Read about Version 6

Upgrade to 6.6.1 now throws an error

HI,

Just upgraded to 6.6.1 and now I'm getting the following error when the screen saver launches (post-build and installation with no errors): "Invalid character line: 2341 column: 17 syntax error: Invalid character<- at cU[ ]"

Any ideas?

Glen

Comments

• Hi, can you say more?

is this mac? windows?

What version of the OS are you using?

What sort of content is in the screensaver? (images, movies...)

• Windows 10 w/latest updates. Content includes both images and movies. I've been using iScreensaver since August and never had this error. I can try recreating my existing screen saver project and see if is a file related issue, but it was working fine on 6.6.

• We've never seen that problem, and based on the error message, it sounds a bit like the file might have been corrupted. This can happen in a number of ways, including using file synchronization / shared programs such as Box or OneDrive, antivirus programs, and jsut plain old failures with hard drives, SSDs, or networking.

In iScreensaver Designer, Preferences, Cache, please do a Deep Clean, then quit the app, restart it, re-build your screensaver installer and try again.

If that doesn't work, please let us know?

• Well, my sincere apologies. I had a powerpoint in one of my picture folders and that was wreaking havoc. Maybe a future release could include flagging of non-pic/movie files (i.e., if ends in .doc, .pptx, .xls, .txt, then display "hey, why did you put this file type in a picture folder!!")

• Interesting - I believe that Designer is supposed to filter out invalid file types, but perhaps that's not working all the time. Was the offending file .PPT or .PPTX or something else?

• It was a PPTX