iScreensaver Logotype
At the present time, iScreensaver Designer 5.2 provides support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra, but there are some functional limitations.

Please read the 10.13 High Sierra Tech Note as well as the Release Notes.

Due to changes made by Apple, iScreensaver Designer version 5.2 does not currently support macOS 10.14 Mojave.

Please read our forum post for the latest updates.

[Solved] Video SWF/H264 stuttering on Windows 7

edited September 2018 in General Discussions
I'm having trouble getting any video to play smoothly as a screensaver. I've tried many different resolutions, bit rates and frame rates in SWF and H264 formats. Both the SWFs and H264s will play smoothly if I view them in Chrome. Are videos just always slightly stuttery when used as a screensaver? Is it a CPU priority issue? My client requires an SWF but I tried the H264 just to test out a more modern codec. Thanks for any advice!

I'm on a quad core i7 using the latest Quicktime and Flash.

Comments

• First, while it's generally true that the screensaver shouldn't expect to have 100% of the computer's CPU available, generally you can get decent looking video.

It's not clear from your question exactly what you've tried : I'm assuming this is on Windows? What version? When you are trying H264 video, are you using QuickTime or Flash playback?

More details would help - also, if you have any sample files you'd like to share, email us and give us a way to download it and we'd be happy to give some advice.