iScreensaver 5.2 has been released, and provides support for macOS High Sierra 10.13. Please read the 10.13 High Sierra Tech Note
as well as the Release Notes
. macOS 10.14 Mojave is under investigation, and is not yet recommended.
Active Directory / Group Policy / Silent Install
For Windows users who need to do a screensaver installation across multiple machines in a managed (Active Directory or Group Policy) network:
Instructions for doing a Managed Install / Active Directory scenario:
1. If you haven't done so already, upgrade to iScreensaver Designer 5 and re-build your screensaver.
2. On a test machine that you have an Administrator account, log in, and copy the installation folder to this machine.
2A. Install the saver using the EXE installer file using the "Install for All Users" option.
2B. This will put Two items (a .SCR file and a LIBS folder) into your C:\WINDOWS folder.
for example: C:\Windows\MyScreensaver.scr and C:\Windows\MyScreensaver Libs\
It will also set some registry keys.
2C. If you want to set per-computer screensaver options (such as audio volume, or the use of the HUD), then open the screensaver control panel, click "Options" and set your desired options. Close the control panel.
2D. Verify that the screensaver functions normally.
To roll out the screensaver system-wide:
3. Create an Active Directory install process which does the following things:
3A. Places the two items (the .SCR file and the LIBS folder noted above) in C:\WINDOWS (or the equivalent WIN32 folder as per your configuration). Important: do not rename either the SCR or the Libs folder, as they reference each other by name. If you need them named differently, change the name in your .ISC project file in iScreensaver Designer, and re-build the screensaver, then start over at step 1.
3B. Selects the SCR as the currently selected screensaver by setting the registry key:
Adjust the path to match your installation. note that this path MUST be the short (8.3) format path, even on Vista/7/8/10.
You may also want to Shadow the system.ini value as well.
3C. If you want to set screensaver-specific registry values (see 2C above) then also copy the appropriate registry keys you chose into:
HKCU/Software/iScreensaver/ < myScreensaverName > /
Additional necessary permissions:
5. The screensaver needs read / write access to the %tmp% folder during operation.
6. If Flash (or QuickTime) content is included, access to these plugins must be allowed.
7. Anti-virus software must not block the operation.
Troubleshooting? See here https://iscreensaver.com/forum/discussion/41/x