What's New in iScreensaver 5macOS 10.13 High Sierra Users
- Please read our macOS 10.13 High Sierra Tech Note.
Download iScreensaver Designer 5
for macOS 10.10 to 10.13
Download iScreensaver Designer 5
for Windows 10
- Modern OS Support: iScreensaver 5 is designed and tested for the latest Operating Systems: Windows 10, macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) through macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)*.
* note: support for macOS High Sierra 10.13 is Beta at this time: Please read the Tech Note.
- Multi-Core CPU Support: iScreensaver 5 will make use of modern multi-core CPUs for better playback performance.
- 4K Photo support: the new OpenGL engine supports up to 4K image textures (4096x4096) with optional compression. View your photos and images in perfect Ultra-High-Definition quality. (Note: a high performance modern graphics card and up-to-date OpenGL driver required.)
- HD Video without Plugins: Screensavers can be created that play back modern HTML5/MP4 video files without any plugins. No more requiring end-users to have the QuickTime or Adobe Flash plugins installed.
- Multi-Monitor Support: screensavers can now play on all monitors on Windows PCs, and there is a user-interface for selecting which monitors will be used.
- Gatekeeper and Authenticode Support: Screensaver authors can now digitally sign their screensaver installers, so end users no longer have the "unidentified developer" warnings. (Note: requires third party tools and purchases not supported by iScreensaver.com.)
- Advanced Video / Flash playback engine: you can now include dissolves and cross-fade effects between videos and videos, videos and flash, and flash-to-flash transitions. No more abrupt "jump cuts".
- Retina Support: Fully supports Mac OS X high-resolution ("high DPI") monitors.
- Cocoa : iScreensaver 5 is now a fully modern Cocoa application. Good bye Carbon!
- Easy upgrades: Version 4 project files can be easily loaded into Version 5.
- Fully cross-platform: Design on Mac, build for Mac & Windows; Design on Windows, build for Windows & Mac. Still the world's only truly cross-platform screensaver development tool.
- Better media sizing control: in custom stretch modes, leaving the Width or Height of a media item blank will automatically do a proportional stretch (similar to how HTML sizing rules work).
- Playback performance: Video playback is now fully hardware-accelerated (on supported systems).
Deprecated or Removed Features:
- Deprecated: Adobe Flash Support: Although iScreensaver Designer version 5.0 has full Flash (SWF) support, Adobe has indicated they are deprecating SWF format and encourage their customers to do the same. See details. We plan to remove SWF support from iScreensaver in a later version.
- Deprecated: iPhoto integration: Apple has removed support for iPhoto on Mac OS X, replacing it with Photos.app which provides different (and reduced) set of features.
- Removed: QuickTime and the QuickTime Plugin: Apple Inc. has removed QuickTime support, and as a result we have removed it it from iScreensaver 5 as well. If you were using any QuickTime-specific video files, you will need to convert them to standard MPEG4/H264 (aka MP4) formats. The good news is that you can now build video screensavers for Windows without requiring QuickTime.
New License Terms:
- 30 day money-back guarantee on all licenses. Buy with confidence.
- Our top license level, the iScreensaver 5 Site license, includes a bundled iScreensaver 4.5 license for supporting legacy computers.
- As before, you may use and test iScreensaver without purchase, but screensavers and screensaver installers built will expire. Text and images are watermarked with notices.
- Three license levels depending on the features you need, number of copies of the Editor software, and how many copies of finished screensavers you will distribute.