'Green Screens' Campaign:
Saving Energy while using a Screen Saver
Microsoft Windows 2000
Step 1 of 2: Set the Screen Saver Delay:
- Using the right mouse button, click an empty location on your desktop
- Choose "Properties" from the popup menu
- Click the "Screen Saver" tab
- Use the "Wait" control to set an appropriate delay
Step 2 of 2: Set the Energy Saver Settings:
- Now, click the "Power" button
- Set "Turn Off Monitor" to an appropriate delay, longer than the screensaver delay chosen above!
- If you want to put your entire computer to sleep, choose a time using the control labelled "System Standby"
Note: when your computer is in standby mode, it uses very little power, and it is essentially turned off, i.e. it can't do anything.
- For extra savings, choose a time for the "Turn off hard disks" control
Copyright ©1995-2011 Xochi Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Xochi™, XochiMedia™, iScreensaver™, iScreensaver Designer™,
iScreensaver Classic™, and the DoubleRing logo are trademarks of Xochi Media Inc.
Apple®, Macintosh®, and QuickTime® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Adobe® and Adobe Flash® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Adobe, Inc.
Microsoft® and Windows® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
ENERGY STAR® is registered trademark of the Enivronmental Protection Agency.
ScreenTime™ and CineMac™ are trademarks of ScreenTime Media.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Anti-Spam Warning: This corporation and website operate in the state of California of the United States. The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain will result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance with California Business & Professional Code Section 17538.45.