'Green Screens' Campaign:
Saving Energy while using a Screen Saver
Mac OS X 10.1
Step 1 of 2: Set the Screen Saver Delay:
- From the Apple Menu, choose "System Preferences"
- Click the icon labelled "Screen Saver"
- Use the "Time until screen saver starts" slider to set an appropriate delay
Step 2 of 2: Set the Energy Saver Settings:
- Click "Show All"
- Click the "Energy Saver" icon
- If you want to put your entire computer to sleep, choose the time using the slider named "Put system to sleep when it is inactive for:"
Note: when your computer is asleep, it uses very little power, and it is essentially turned off, i.e. it can't do anything.
- If you only want the screen/monitor to go to sleep, click the box labelled "Separate timing for display sleep" and choose an appropriate time
Note: if you choose a time that is shorter than the amount of time before the screensaver starts, you will never see the screensaver!
- For extra savings, also click the button labelled "Separate timing for hard disk sleep"
Copyright ©1995-2011 Xochi Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Xochi™, XochiMedia™, iScreensaver™, iScreensaver Designer™,
iScreensaver Classic™, and the DoubleRing logo are trademarks of Xochi Media Inc.
Apple®, Macintosh®, and QuickTime® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Adobe® and Adobe Flash® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Adobe, Inc.
Microsoft® and Windows® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
ENERGY STAR® is registered trademark of the Enivronmental Protection Agency.
ScreenTime™ and CineMac™ are trademarks of ScreenTime Media.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Anti-Spam Warning: This corporation and website operate in the state of California of the United States. The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain will result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance with California Business & Professional Code Section 17538.45.